Monday, February 27, 2012

D&D 5E

Apparently Wizards of the Coast are going to give up on 4E (embarrassed much?) and start working on 5E

I want to say I don't care, but I do. A lot.

No seriously

Firstly you should know that I'm not a fan of 4E. Not. One. Bit.  DMed it, didn't like it. Gave up.
This is from someone whose been playing AD&D/D&D since the early to mid-eighties.

4E made me move to Pathfinder - like a lot of people I suspect, and I've no plans to move back to 5E (PFRPG is great and the strength of the Adventure Path products are a great part of that).

So, why do I care about 5E?  Because D&D needs to be a success in some form for the health of the roleplaying industry.  Without D&D in a good place, I think that the smaller publishers, and even some of the larger ones with suffer and possibly die off.  I don't want that.

So bring on 5E.  Make it work and make it popular. Sure, I'll buy it (I have all the others, so it would be rude not to), but it's not likely I'll play it. I'm a Pathfinder convert now.

Just don't make it like WOW again please...

No comments:

Post a Comment