Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Stag Lord - Terraclips Style

I have one box each of the six currently available Terraclips sets (Streets, Houses, and Sewers of Malifaux and the newly released Dungeon Rise: Vaults of Ruin, Dungeon Essentials, and Prison of the Foresaken) and I've been looking for a good reason to bring them out and create something.  Well my Kingmaker Pathfinder game is coming to the end of the first book and the PCs are on their way to take out the Stag Lord.  Seemed like a perfect opportunity to see if I could take the map of the his fort and recreate in Terraclips.

Well it took me a couple of hours but I'm pleased to say that I managed to do it! I've used some creative license, and of course, have been constrained by the parts I have available as well as the limitation of Terraclips scenery (not a criticism, just a fact).

Let me know what you think!

This is the view the PCs will have as they approach the fort.  Obviously I've made the entrance a little more grandiose and the barracade isn't as high (I don't have enough parts to make it 15 feet).
Notice the bandit looking out from the watchtower.





This is an elevated view of the front of the fort/  From here you can make out the crumbling central tower. 










Looking down at the corner.  You can see the two watchtowers as well as a couple of bandits on lookout.
 A closeup of the damaged floor where Aurochs makes his home.
 The back of the fort.  Another way in.
The roof off and the steps up to the watchtower. I used a pillar to support it's weigh

The side of the fort with the walkway over the owlbears lair. 
The fort on the gaming table.

The Stag Lord in his room, probably drinking away his sorrows..











Looking down at the ground floor.  The bandits are playing cards, but ready to release 'Beaky' at first alarm











I'll post of review of the Dungeon Rise Terraclips when I get a chance, but suffice to say I'm very happy with them and can't wait to see what my players make of the fort!

No comments:

Post a Comment